CO-FOUNDER | 2019 Cohort
The TasteAdvisor app uses AI to match a consumer’s personal taste preferences to a database of all regional wines, resulting in an accurate, personalized wine list.
Based on personal tastes, the solution also connects consumers with regional wineries, events and experiences – a navigation tool for exploring a region and an easy channel to purchasing. The platform can be white labelled to enable a wine region to easily customize content.
“Whether you are an aspiring entrepreneur or successful business owner, e@UBCO will give you the time, coaching, and tools you need to look at your venture from a broader and more strategic perspective.”
• Named to Emerging Rocket Agri-Food list – BC companies with the greatest potential for revenue growth – past companies named include Hootsuite, Club Penguin (bought by Disney) and Flickr
• Contract with the BC Wine Institute
• First place winner of the 2020 e@UBCO Quick Pitch Challenge (Marketplace Track)
• Finalist for the Accelerate Okanagan Angel Summit
• Recipient of NRC IRAP and BDC funding
In the news
The Kelowna Chamber of Commerce has launched its “40 Under Forty” for 2020.
Founder Alyssa Farr’s goal is to support wine-growing regions across Canada.
There’s a wine for that! (see page 26)
New Okanagan-developed app suggests the perfect wines to pair with tastes and moods.
The battle is on. Introducing TasteAdvisor’s Alyssa Farr.