FOUNDER & CEO | 2019 Cohort
Trellis is an all-in-one platform for fundraising activities. The platform is designed to support charities, organizations, and social enterprises as they create and host online fundraisers.
Fundraisers can host event ticket registration, donations, silent and live auctions, raffles and eCommerce through Trellis’ tools to help raise more funds for their causes and the causes they care about.
“As I looked into the problem we were trying to solve with Trellis, I recognized how charities are working in outdated systems with lots of problems. I wanted to help them move into social enterprising and sustainability. I needed to do something with a tangible impact.”
- Winner 2019 OKGN Angel Summit
- Winner Purrpl CHANGEUP 2019 Pitch Competition
- Officially processed $1,000,000 dollars on the platform – all going into Canadian and American charitable organizations
- Powered the Stay at Home Gala, a cross-Canada virtual gala raising $560,000 for local communities with the money going back to organizations in local communities supporting COVID relief efforts
- Compliant with all Canadian privacy laws and now launched as a US platform
- Created a comprehensive COVID Resource Guide helping charities in North America navigate alternate fundraising strategies
- Recipient of funding from BCIC, BDC and investment from Atrium Ventures, Clique Group, Maven Capital Partners Rhiza Capital and OKGN Angels
In the news
Fundraising platform wins angel money
Trellis founder Justin Goodhew won $130,000 in investment at the inaugural OKGN Angel Summit.
Accelerate Okanagan wants OKGN tech community to raise $1 million for charity
Accelerate Okanagan is partnering with Kelowna-based fundraising platform Trellis to launch a campaign challenging the OKGN tech community to raise $1 million for charity.
Kelowna finalists announced for $10,000 charity prize.
Central Okanagan Food Bank receives $10,000 donation
The Trellis Social Enterprise Inc.’s Sprout a Fundraiser challenge has officially wrapped up, and the winner, the Central Okanagan Food Bank, has received a $10,000 donation prize.
Kelowna-based startup is using technology to help nonprofits increase fundraising impact
The online event management platform allows charities and nonprofits to create and grow their events and campaigns.