Tailor Made just for You
The Mentor2Market program provides an environment for ventures and businesses to build, test, validate and grow through:
- One-on-one mentoring by industry experts
- Connections to resources and service providers
- Community networking and events
- Access to funding opportunities
- Physical environment including co-working space in the Kelowna Innovation Centre
This program will help entrepreneurs to build a business skill set, as well as test and validate research and business models with the intent to support the development of scalable businesses.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest program updates and be notified of events.
1:1 Mentoring Support
Get 1:1 mentoring from industry mentors, monthly real-time feedback on your progress, and open office advice by experts in law, intellectual property, finance, and accounting.
e@UBCO ventures collaborate with UBCO Management, Computer Science, Engineering, and Media Studies Capstone teams to undertake special projects.
Access to Investors
Armed with a well-crafted fundraising strategy and compelling pitch deck, e@UBCO ventures receive introductions to Valhalla Angels, investors, and federal and provincial funding agencies, including NRC IRAP and Mitacs.
- At least one team member must be affiliated with UBC as either a student, faculty, researcher, staff member, or alumni
Our ideal candidates
- Coachable teams that are open to feedback, embrace collaboration and have positive attitudes
- A serious commitment on behalf of the entire team to growing the venture
- Ability to participate in all program elements, events, and coaching sessions
- A compelling concept that is innovative, addresses a specific business, social, environmental or economic problem, delivers measurable impact and has the ability to scale
What you get
- A dedicated mentor team based on identified needs
- Priority consideration for eligible teams to receive funding up to $10,000 through the Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Impact Fund provided by the School of Engineering to match a Mitacs eAccelerate grant
- This funding will support founders to work on the research and development of their technology over the summer as a paid internship, under the supervision of UBC Okanagan faculty
- Opportunities to network and be part of an entrepreneurial environment
- Guidance on navigating commercialization pathways and setting goals
- Support in accessing resources, grants, and services
- Access to Innovation UBC space (based on an as-needed basis, drop-in workspace & board room availability)
Mark your calendar
Mentor2Market program (Winter Intake)
- Applications are now closed for the Winter 2023 Mentor2Market cohort. Please stay tuned for the Fall 2023 cohort application announcement.