Tailor Made just for You
We’re much more than one-size fits all. We can help you create a successful business by connecting you to mentors, tools, customers, funding, and community.
Our Mentor 2 Market Program is designed to be a long term residency – individualized and milestone-based to make it easier for you to succeed.
Our program includes:
- One-on-one mentoring by business leaders
- Virtual workshops and special training sessions
- VODcast library featuring top domain experts
- Exercise and mentor review sessions
- Quick Pitch Competition
1:1 Mentoring Support
Get 1:1 mentoring from industry mentors, monthly real-time feedback on your progress, and open office advice by experts in law, intellectual property, finance and accounting.
Business leaders and subjetc matter experts provide insights on customer discovery, minimum viable product, prototyping, pricing, business plans, go-to-market strategies, sales, and fundraising in our online VODcast library.
e@UBCO ventures collaborate with UBCO Management, Computer Science and Engineering Capstone teams and students from the Okanagan College School of Business to undertake special projects.
Access to Investors
Armed with a well-crafted fundraising strategy and compelling pitch deck, e@UBCO ventures receive introductions to Valhalla Angels, investors, and federal and provincial funding agencies, including NRC IRAP and Mitacs.
*Temporarily closed due to COVID-19.
- At least one team member must be affiliated with UBC as either a student, faculty, researcher, staff member or recent graduate (within 5 years)
Our ideal candidates
- Coachable teams that are open to feedback, embrace collaboration, and have positive attitudes
- A serious commitment on behalf of the entire team to growing the venture
- Ability to participate in all program elements, events, and coaching sessions
- A compelling concept that is innovative, addresses a specific business, social, environmental or economic problem, delivers measurable impact, and has the ability to scale
Mark your calendar
Mentor 2 Market program
- Application deadline: September 30, 2021
- Intake interviews: Week of October 4, 2021
- Program start: Week of October 11, 2021
- Venture orientation: October 18, 2021 | 5:00–6:00 PM
- Initial mentor meeting: Week of October 18, 2021
- eDiscovery orientation and info session: September 30, 2021 | 5:00–6:00 PM
- Ideation workshop: October 20, 2021 | 6:00–7:30 PM
- Special Session on Building a Founding Team: October 27, 2021 | 12:00–1:00 PM
- Business Model Canvas workshop: November 3, 2021 | 6:00–7:30 PM
- Special Session on Creating a Killer UVP: November 17 from 12:00–1:00 PM
Quick Pitch Competition
- Application deadline: January 21, 2022
- Semi-finalist selection: January 28, 2022
- Coaching and dry runs: February 4, 2022
- Semi-finals live event: February 10, 2022
- Finalist selection: February 11, 2022
- Final competition live event: March 3, 2022